Vermont is a small state with a long tradition of enacting innovative solutions that help and empower people while leading the way for other states and for our country. I am passionate about listening, learning and building bipartisan programs that help hard-working Vermonters while investing in our future.
As your representative in Montpelier,
my priorities would include:
INVESTING IN NORTHSHIRE FAMILIES
- Affordable Healthcare: Affordable healthcare should be a right for every Vermonter, not a privilege dependent on how much you earn or an employer’s ability to provide it.
- Support Working Families: Hardworking Vermonters need — and deserve — livable wages, affordable housing, high-quality childcare and paid family leave.
- Support and Improve Public Education: All children should have access to outstanding public education for grades pre-K through 16, and families should be able to take advantage of Vermont’s long-standing, innovative tradition of school choice.
- Mental Health Services: Vermonters need expanded and improved mental health treatment facilities, services and programs.
- Addiction Services: To deal effectively with the opioid crisis, access to substance-abuse prevention, treatment and long-term recovery programs must be improved statewide.
- Universal Broadband: Universal access to high-speed Internet is crucial for rural development, a thriving economy and effective education.
FIGHTING CLIMATE CHANGE WHILE BUILDING A GREEN ECONOMY
- Protect our Environment: Defending and conserving our environment—water, land and air—will ensure health and prosperity not only today, but for future generations of Vermonters.
- Combat Climate Change: A forward-looking green economy will create new jobs and economic opportunities while helping Vermont mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Expand Vermont’s Workforce: Our future lies in promoting a dynamic, diverse “green” economy. Vermont can and should lead the nation in tackling climate change while building the economy of the future. We need workforce training and new business opportunities in climate adaptation and mitigation, renewable energy, clean transportation, food and agriculture, tourism and outdoor recreation, small business, high tech and the arts. If we are proactive and creative about dealing with climate change, we can create new jobs, attract new residents, and provide far better options for young people to stay in Vermont and build a life here.
In Vermont, regular citizens can have a powerful and effective voice.
I’m ready to use your voice—and my voice—to create lasting change.
Paid for by Kathleen James for State Representative |Alexandra Heintz, Treasurer |
P.O. Box 1044 | Manchester Center VT 05255